Thursday 8 December 2016

Just a little update

I've not posted for a while and so I thought I had better get typing something.

When I think about what I'm going to write about I often worry that I 'm going to be writing about the same old things and as such will end up boring you all to tears. Assuming I haven't already done so, of course. It's difficult to know what to write about that doesn't involve my headaches and migraine news to  be honest. 

I have recently been trying to do more exploring with regards to the beauty and skincare stuff. And some of you will already know that I recently posted my first attempt at a review on my youtube channel. (Click here if you'd like to see it). I received a fair amount of feedback which was really helpful and constructive, so I aim to be producing better things very soon. Thank you to those who messaged me with ideas. 

I seem to be in the midst of a "manageable run" with my headaches which allows me to behave a little bit more like a human wich is always nice. And I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it lasts a while longer, if not forever!

With Christmas fast approaching I am beginning to feel the tension that this time of year seems to create for me - but instead of going on about that, I am going to leave it alone. Not give it (too much) "life".

I started CBT sessions a few weeks ago and so far,I've found it pretty helpful with certain aspects. I generally will get bouts of depression following migaines that have lasted more than 24hours. The depression can last sometimes up to the best part of a week. During those times i have zero motivation to even try and do anything and actually this ends up with me just going round in circles. My CBT therapist suggested a technique called pacing which has actually really helped me out. I won't go into the details of it, i'm sure there is plenty of info online about it, and actually the name of it is pretty self-explanatory.

With regards to my panic episodes, so far i'm managing them quite well. I seem to be on a bit of a break from the big ones.The problem i have is that i'm never just able to accept that i feel alright, whether it's  anxiety or headaches. It's  like I'm  constantly  waiting for them to happen. Maybe I actually trigger things myself by the continuous expectation of them? I dunno..... but this is all stuff i am gradually working through with my therapist.

So all in all, things are good this end. How are you? Are you looking forward to Christmas etc? 

Here is the next song on my playlist: Click & have a listen

Multiplied - By Needtobreathe


I will leave you with my word of the day which immediately made me think of Mrs Mangel on Neighbours hahahahaha.

stickybeak

Australian/NZinformal
noun
noun: stickybeak; plural noun: stickybeaks; noun: sticky-beak; plural noun: sticky-beaks
  1. 1.
    an inquisitive and prying person.
    • an inquisitive or prying look or investigation.

      "guests were invited to have a good old stickybeak around"
verb
verb: stickybeak; 3rd person present: stickybeaks; past tense: stickybeaked; past participle: stickybeaked; gerund or present participle: stickybeaking; verb: sticky-beak; 3rd person present: sticky-beaks; past tense: sticky-beaked; past participle: sticky-beaked; gerund or present participle: sticky-beaking
  1. 1.
    pry into other people's affairs.

    "I don't mean to stickybeak, but when is he going to leave?"






No comments:

Post a Comment